Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Scale to Fit.


Yesterday I spent some time drawing, I did this panorama a few days ago after a shoot during the weekend, but wanted to see how I was thinking about the form I had made. I am am now stuck on a (quite major) issue. The prints of the digital images I have recently finished very much reference the screen in a way that overwhelms the documentative elements of the performance or the contents of the drawing.

This screen reference is found in the way the image sits inside an A1 piece of paper, 'scaled to fit'. When I view the images on my computer while they are scaled to fit to the screen it does not seem quite as obvious here as it does as artifacts on paper. I was trying to figure out why this is so... On the computer there is the perceived ability to scale and interact with the image, however, on paper the image is locked into a relationship with the action of scaling to fit a standardised printer output.

No comments:

Post a Comment